I love Thanksgiving for so many reasons: a short work week, yummy food, football, Black Friday tradition with my sister, watching Hunger games movies the past few years. It’s an opportunity to relax and unwind without all the commercialism.
While I don’t want this to go on and on, I do want to reflect on what I’m grateful for in this past year.
- Officially receiving a diagnosis of Hashimoto’s. The ability to move forward in my healing journey.
- Walking many Indy neighborhoods. Enjoying the fresh air of many mornings while I wasn’t working.
- Two families who let me live with them for several months each.
- Friends who let me talk in circles as I lived into all the questions and fears I had about my vocation and chronic illness.
- Year-round farmer’s markets in Indy.
- The ability to return to work. Now working in a more sustainable way.
- Spiritual Direction training and community
- Buying meat and fish in bulk 🙂
- A new apartment to call home and living with my best friend
- Chelsea is still in remission
Have a lovely Thanksgiving week, friends. What are you thankful for?