A lovely blogger helped me frame my thoughts of the last several weeks of silence on my own blog. I simply just needed margin.
It’s been a very busy last six weeks, and there’s too much to recount here in this post, yet I will list out broad strokes.
- I moved! Now I live in a 3 bedroom, 1.5 bathroom duplex and I’m closer to work.
- I finished summer camp with DII. I learned that I’m ready for a 30 hour work week this fall, but that 5 weeks of intense daily remediation with students is very taxing on my body.
- I vacationed! A quick long weekend to Michigan simply to eat and be was very lovely.
- I asked for help. Chels and I received so much help in meal prep, cleaning and moving. I’m thankful for others with margin, who offered their help.
- I had a doctor’s appointment. I added medication to help deal with my seasonal allergies and a more intense regiment to help wipe out candida.
Now that my busiest part of the summer is over, I have the opportunity to take David Whyte’s words seriously:
We are rested when we let things alone and let ourselves alone to do what we do best; breathe as the body intended us to breathe, to walk as we were meant to walk, to live with the rhythm of a house and home, giving and taking through cooking and cleaning.
And with a return to my slower, daily rhythms means more time to write as well. Thanks for reading and for waiting when even words need to wait.